The CDPP Circuit Series Extra will run as individual events
Thursday the 3rd August for 7 weeks to 14th September
At the Steven Burke Sports Hub, Nelson.
The events will be run under BC rules.
6:30pm Youth AB Approx 20 laps, £7
7:10pm Youth C Approx 8 laps, £4
7:30pm Senior 2/3/4 Approx 30 Laps, reduced as it gets darker sooner. £10
All races are equally open to male and female participants.
Any change to the regular program will be published here and on the BC website.
- The Youth AB race is a longer race than the summer series, with no C riders so allows for more AB riders.
- The Youth C race is shorter and separate to allow the AB race to have a larger AB field
- Youth A riders with dispensation may ride the Senior race IF there is space, and IF they ride the Youth race first. Youth A riders in the senior race will not be eligible for prizes in that race.
- Prizes will be presented on the night, number and value dependant on rider numbers in each race.
- Entry is ON THE DAY only, no advance entry
- Signing on will close 15 minutes before the advertised start time of each race
- Race distances are subject to change on the night due to weather, light conditions or any other circumstances.
- For 2017, Youth C riders are those born in 2006 or 2005. Youth A and B riders are born in years 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001.
- Youth and Juniors are subject to BC gear and bike restrictions
- Transponders will be used for the Youth AB race and the seniors race. Youth AB riders must hand in transponders immediately after their race. Transponders will be re-issued to the senior riders. The Youth C race will not use transponders, this allows time for the transponder swaps. Will all riders please assist with this
These events only happen with the help of volunteers. Organising team, officials and sign on team, marshals are all volunteers. Volunteers are always welcome to help, in particular with sign on and marshalling.
For each event we need 4 marshals on the circuit. More marshals in our volunteer pool means less for each to do. So please come forward if you are available.
With this Extra series we are trying a new program to enable us to use transponders more efficiently. We need help getting back the Youth AB transponders for re-use in the later senior race.
Access and Parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area