The 2016 Circuit Series will run as a league from
Thursday the 14th April for 14 weeks to 14th July
At the Steven Burke Sports Hub, Nelson,
- The series will include a youth race for Youth ABC riders, a race suitable for newer racing cyclists and a race for serious racers.
- Entry is ON THE DAY only, no advance entry
- Signing on will close 15 minutes before the advertised start time of each race
- Youth and Juniors are subject to BC gear and bike restrictions
The series will be run under BC rules. The series is published on the BC website calendar.
18:30 Youth A/B/C, Band 5 for A/B. 20-30 minutes, 14 laps for the leader. £5
19:15 Cat 3/4 Men, Cat 2/3/4 Women C+ Band 5 for Junior and Seniors. 25 minutes + 5 laps. The maximum field size will be 40. £10
20:00 E123 C+ Band 5 for Junior and Seniors. 45 minutes + 5 laps. The maximum field size will be 50. £10
All races are equally open to male and female participants.
Race distances are subject to change on the night due to weather, light conditions or any other limiting circumstances.
For 2016, Youth C riders are those born in 2005 or 2004.
For 2016 league series the following applies:
- Points for the best 11 events from events 1 to 13 will count towards the league
- Points from 10 down to 2 for the top 9 then all other finishers will get 1 point
- There will be a separate league for each senior race
- Senior Riders progressing to the E123 race will retain points in the lower race league, and start with zero points in the E123 league
- Youth race points will be awarded to the 6 combinations of A,B,C boys and girls.
- League prizes will be awarded at the end of the series, with prizes for men and women and youth categories
- The 14th event will be a non-counting event with individual prizes
- League Prize presentation will be at the 14th event on the 14th July 2016
Access and Parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area