The 2019 CDPP Circuit Series Extra will run as individual events
Thursday 1st August for 6 weeks to 5th September
At the Steven Burke Sports Hub, Nelson.
The events will be run under BC rules.
- Entry is ON THE DAY only, no advance entry
- Signing on closes 15 minutes before the advertised start time of each race
- Youth and Juniors are subject to BC gear and bike restrictions
- Individual events, not run as a league
- Transponders will be used. Riders must return transponders to sign on immediately after their race, as they are re-used for later races.
6:30pm Youth AB Approx 20 laps, £7
7:10pm Youth C and D Approx 8 laps, £4
7:30pm Senior 2/3/4 Approx 30 Laps, reduced if poor light. £11
All races are equally open to male and female participants.
Any change to the regular program will be published here and on the BC website.
- The Youth AB race is a longer race than the summer series, maximum 45 riders.
- The Youth C race is separate, and for 2019 Youth D riders are welcome.
- Youth A riders with dispensation may ride the Senior race IF there is space, and IF they ride the Youth race first. Youth A riders in the senior race will not be eligible for prizes in that race.
- Prizes will be presented on the night, number and value dependant on rider numbers in each race.
- Race distances are subject to change on the night due to weather, light conditions or any other circumstances.
- For 2019, Youth C riders are those born in 2008 or 2007. Youth A and B riders are born in years 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003.
- Transponders will be used for the Youth AB race and the seniors race. Youth AB riders must hand in transponders immediately after their race. Transponders will be re-issued to the senior riders. The Youth C race will not use transponders, this allows time for the transponder swaps. Will all riders please assist with this
- Please check that the number and crucially the transponder issued to you is the number on the sign on sheet. Doing this will be a huge help to the sign on team and help reduce result errors.
Youth riders must comply with gear restrictions above, see the British Cycling Guide Here
Age Categories for 2019:
Youth A: born in 2004 or 2003. Gears 6.93m
Youth B: born in 2006 or 2005. Gears 6.45m
Youth C: born in 2008 or 2007. Gears 6.05m
Youth D: born in 2010 or 2009. Gears 5.40m
Please contact the organising team using: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about results.
When using transponders, issues with results are usually due to transponder chips being swapped between riders, or the transponder not fixed to your bike. PLEASE look after the race number and transponder issued to you as you are getting ready.
These events only happen with the help of volunteers. Organising team, officials and sign on team, marshals are all volunteers. Volunteers are always welcome to help, in particular with sign on and marshalling.
For each event we need 4 marshals on the circuit. More marshals in our volunteer pool means less for each to do. So please come forward if you are available.
Transponders are now used for all races. To do this we need help getting back the Youth AB transponders for re-use in the later senior race.
Access and Parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area