The 2020 Circuit Series will run as a league from
Thursday the 16th April to 20th August (except 23rd July)
At the Steven Burke Sports Hub, Barrowford
- The series will include a youth race for Youth A and B riders, a race suitable for newer racing cyclists and a race for higher category racers.
- There will be a shorter race for Youth C and D riders, not part of the league series.
- Entry is ON THE DAY only, no advance entry
- Signing on closes 15 minutes before the advertised start time of each race
- Youth and Juniors are subject to BC gear and bike restrictions
- Transponders will be used. Riders must return transponders to sign on immediately after their race, as they are re-used for later races.
The series will be run under BC rules and regulations
For 2020, it will be one series from April to August with the same format each Thursday. Thursday 20th August will be the presentation evening, so that evenings race will not count to the overall series.
The Colne Grand Prix is Tuesday 21st July 2020, regular series riders are encouraged to enter.
18:30 Youth A and B, Band 5 for A and B. 25 minutes, 14-16 laps for the leader. £7
18:55 Youth C and D 15 minutes, approx 6-8 laps for the leader. £3 (reduced from last year)
19:15 Cat 3/4 Men, Cat 2/3/4 Women, C+ Band 5 for Junior and Seniors. 35 minutes, 20-22 laps for the leader. The maximum field size will be 40. £11 *see notes below.
20:00 E123 Men and Women, C+ Band 5 for Junior and Seniors. 45-55 minutes. The maximum field size will be 50. £11
All races are equally open to male and female participants.
Any change to the regular program will be published here.
Race distances are subject to change on the night due to weather, light conditions or any other limiting circumstances.
If there are too few riders for any one race, the organisers may review the programme.
The Cat34 men and the Women 2/3/4 race may be registered as two races with BC, but run at the same time, this is to be confirmed.
There will be a reduced single entry fee for riders participating in more than one race.
Please check that the number and crucially the transponder issued to you is the number on the sign on sheet. Doing this will be a huge help to the sign on team and help reduce result errors.
Youth and Junior riders must comply with gear restrictions above, see the British Cycling Guide Here
Age Categories for 2020:
Junior: born 2003 or 2002. Gears 7.93m
Youth A: born in 2005 or 2004. Gears 6.93m
Youth B: born in 2007 or 2006. Gears 6.45m
Youth C: born in 2009 or 2008. Gears 6.05m
Youth D: born in 2011 or 2010. Gears 5.40m
For 2020 league series the following applies:
- The last event on the 20th August will be a non-counting event with individual prizes
- League Prize presentation will be at the last on the 20th August 2020
- Points for the best 15 of the 17 counting events will count towards the league
- Points from 10 down to 2 for the top 9 then all other finishers will get 1 point
- There will be a separate league for each senior race
- Senior Riders progressing to the E123 race will retain points in the lower race league, and start with zero points in the E123 league
- Youth race points will be awarded to the 4 combinations of A and B boys and girls.
- Ties for positions will be decided on a countback of highest positions
- League prizes will be awarded at the end of the series, with prizes for men and women and youth categories
- Youth riders competing in the Cat34 race will not be eligible for Cat34 prize money.
Please contact the organising team using: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about results.
When using transponders, issues with results are usually due to transponder chips being swapped between riders, or the transponder not fixed to your bike. PLEASE look after the race number and transponder issued to you as you are getting ready.
These events only happen with the help of volunteers. The organising team, officials and sign on team and marshals are all volunteers. Volunteers are always welcome to help, in particular with sign on and marshalling.
For each event we need 4 marshals on the circuit. More marshals in our volunteer pool means less for each to do. So please come forward if you are available.
Transponders are now used for all races. To do this we need help getting back the Youth AB transponders for re-use in the later senior race.
Access and Parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area