Updated 12th July 2021
Weekly from Thursday 20th May 2021 to Thursday 26th August 2021
In line with current British Cycling and Government guidelines
Racing under the Technical Regulations of British Cycling
Important note re the Youth A and B Race
Youth race suspended due to low numbers of entries. The very low number of riders across 4 categories does not make a viable race for competitors. Our view is that it takes more than 6 riders to make it a viable and competitive race.
CDPP will consider providing the Youth race again, but we do need to see demand and support from riders please.
Please do NOT email or call Paul the organiser, unless absolutely necessary such as a failed payment. There will be NO late entries, NO entries added outside of the online entry system, NO discussion about selection into the race. So if you have missed the closing date or not been accepted please don’t call or email – just accept the situation. Please respect the time of the organising team, we all have commitments outside of cycling.
18:30 – Youth A, Youth B – 30 minutes (currently suspended)
19:10 – Category 3/4 race Men and Category 2/3/4 Women – 40 minutes
20:00 – Category E/1/2/3 race – 55 minutes
All races are open equally to male and female riders
Entry on the BC website, search for: “CDPP Sport Crit Series 2021”
- All races will be strictly pre-entry using the British Cycling event entry system. No entry on the night.
- Entries will go live on the BC race entry system on the 1st May 2021
- Entries will close one week before each event. Entries will be accepted 5-7 days before the event.
- The Category 3/4 race will be limited to approximately 40 riders.
- If oversubscribed, the organising team will give preference to regular CDPP series riders.
- The series will run as a league as in previous years. The final league counting event will be the 19th August.
- The event on the 26th August will include the league prize presentation.
Arrival and Sign On:
- The HQ is the Cycle Sport Pendle clubroom, see below for directions.
- Race numbers and transponders must be collected from the HQ at least 15 minutes before your race. You will be checked off against the pre-entry list. Juniors and youth riders will be gear checked.
- After the race, race numbers and transponders MUST be returned to the HQ.
- Due to current conditions, the organiser and team may need to cancel an event at short notice.
- Covid-19 mitigations in place for the event MUST be adhered to. Access to the venue and race procedures will be different this year.
- Safe and efficient event organisation depends on all present: participants, officials, volunteer helpers, and parents.
- Spectators are not permitted at events. Parents can be present for safeguarding purposes.
- The HQ at the Cycle Sport Pendle clubroom will operate a one way system and social distancing.
For the 2021 league series the following applies:
- The 15th (last) event will be a non-counting event with individual prizes
- League Prize presentation will be at the 15th event on the 26th August 2021
- Points for the best 11 events from events 1 to 14 will count towards the league
- Points from 50 down to 1 will be applied for all finishing riders in each race.
- There will be a separate league for each senior race, and for men and women.
- Senior Riders progressing to the E123 race will retain points in the lower race league, and start with zero points in the E123 league
- Youth race points will be awarded to the 4 combinations of A and B boys and girls.
- Ties for positions will be decided on a countback of highest positions, then the most recent highest position
- League prizes will be awarded at the end of the series, with prizes for men and women and youth categories
- Youth riders competing in the Cat34 race will not be eligible for Cat34 prize money.
Please contact the organising team using: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about results.
When using transponders, issues with results are usually due to transponder chips being swapped between riders, or the transponder not fixed to your bike. PLEASE look after the race number and transponder issued to you as you are getting ready.
The CDPP crit series relies on volunteers to make it happen.
We need marshals every week around the circuit and are always looking for volunteers. If you or someone you know are able to help, please contact the race organiser or speak with one of the officials on the night. Marshals are important for the safe and efficient running of the event.
The race officials are all un-paid volunteers, qualified as race officials with British Cycling. If you are interested in getting involved as an official, you are more than welcome to help to find out more about what’s involved. Please ask to speak with one of the officials at an event.
HQ and circuit access and parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area