Weekly from Thursday 21st April 2022 to Thursday 25th August 2022
(no event on the 28th July 2022)
In line with current British Cycling and Government guidelines
Racing under the Technical Regulations of British Cycling
Best 13 of 15 events to count in the league table
Important note re the Youth A and B Race
The youth A and B race has been suspended due to lack of entries. If we receive a delegation of Youth A and B riders asking for the Youth race, we will re-instate it. Until the Youth race is removed from the BC website, any entries received will be rejected.
Please do NOT email or call Paul the organiser, unless absolutely necessary such as a failed payment. There will be NO late entries, NO entries added outside of the online entry system, NO discussion about selection into the race. So if you have missed the closing date or not been accepted please don’t call or email – just accept the situation. Please respect the time of the organising team, we all have commitments outside of cycling.
18:30 – Youth A, Youth B – 30 minutes (effectively cancelled as lack of entries)
19:10 – Category 3/4 race Men and Category 2/3/4 Women – 40 minutes
20:00 – Category E/1/2/3 race – 55 minutes
All races are open equally to male and female riders
Entry on the BC website, search for: “CDPP Sport Crit Series 2022”
- All races will be strictly pre-entry using the British Cycling event entry system. No entry on the night
- Entries will close 3 days before each event.
- The Category 3/4 race will be limited to approximately 40 riders.
- If oversubscribed, the organising team will give preference to regular CDPP series riders.
- The series will run as a league. The final league counting event will be the 18th August.
- The event on the 25th August will include the league prize presentation.
Arrival and Sign On:
- The HQ is the Cycle Sport Pendle clubroom, see below for directions.
- Race numbers and transponders must be collected from the HQ at least 15 minutes before your race. You will be checked off against the pre-entry list. Juniors and youth riders will be gear checked.
- After the race, race numbers and transponders MUST be returned to the HQ.
- If you know you are Covid positive, please don’t come.
For the 2022 league series the following applies:
- The last event will be a non-counting event with individual prizes
- League Prize presentation will be at the last event on the 25th August 2022
- Points for the best 13 events from 15 events will count towards the league in 2022
- Points from 50 down to 1 will be applied for all finishing riders in each race.
- There will be a separate league for each senior race, and for men and women.
- Senior Riders progressing to the E123 race will retain points in the lower race league, and start with zero points in the E123 league
- Youth race points will be awarded to the 4 combinations of A and B boys and girls.
- Ties for positions will be decided on a countback of highest positions, then the most recent highest position
- League prizes will be awarded at the end of the series, with prizes for men and women and youth categories
- Youth riders (with BC dispensation) competing in the Cat34 race will not be eligible for Cat34 prize money.
Please contact the organising team using: email@example.com if you have a question about results.
When using transponders, issues with results are usually due to transponder chips being swapped between riders, or the transponder not fixed to your bike. PLEASE look after the race number and transponder issued to you as you are getting ready.
The CDPP crit series relies on volunteers to make it happen.
We need marshals every week around the circuit and are always looking for volunteers. If you or someone you know are able to help, please contact the organising team using firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with one of the officials on the night. Marshals are important for the safe and efficient running of the event.
The race officials are all un-paid volunteers, qualified as race officials with British Cycling. If you are interested in getting involved as an official, you are more than welcome to help to find out more about what’s involved. Please ask to speak with one of the officials at an event.
HQ and circuit access and parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space is available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU
- Visiting riders please use car park B adjacent to the circuit gates via Barrowford Wilton Street access
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area