Weekly from Thursday 20th April 2023 to Thursday 22 June 2023 then
Thursday 3rd August 2023 to Thursday 24th August 2023
(no events on the 29th June and all July)
In line with current British Cycling and Government guidelines
Racing under the Technical Regulations of British Cycling
Best 11 of 14 event results to count in the league table
Race Program – NEW timings for 2023
18:45 – Category 3/4 race Men and Category 2/3/4 Women – 45 minutes
19:40 – Category E/1/2/3 race – 55 minutes
All races are open equally to male and female riders
Entry on the BC website, search for: “CDPP Sport Crit Series 2023”
All entry is online using the British Cycling Entry System, with a close for entries 12noon on the Wednesday (day before the event).
Please don’t email or call Paul the organiser, unless absolutely necessary such as a failed payment. There will be no late entries and no entries added outside of the online entry system. Please respect the time the organising team put into each event, we aim to keep costs and entry fees as low as we can. We need sufficient online entries in advance to ensure that the event and series is viable.
- All races will be strictly pre-entry using the British Cycling event entry system. No entry on the night
- Entries will close 36 hours before each event.
- The Category 3/4 race will be limited to approximately 40 riders.
- If oversubscribed, the organising team will give preference to regular CDPP series riders.
- The series will run as a league.
- The event on the 24th August includes the league prize presentation. This will be after the E123 race when final league results are compiled.
Arrival and Sign On:
- The HQ is the Cycle Sport Pendle clubroom, see below for directions.
- Race numbers and transponders must be collected from the HQ at least 15 minutes before your race. You will be checked off against the pre-entry list. Juniors and youth riders will be gear checked.
- After the race, race numbers and transponders MUST be returned to the HQ.
- If you know you are Covid positive, please don’t come – this STILL applies in 2023!!
For the 2023 league series the following applies:
- League Prize presentation will be at the last event on the 24th August 2023
- Points for the best 11 events from 14 events (all events) will count towards the league in 2023
- Points from 50 down to 1 will be applied for all finishing riders in each race.
- There will be a separate league for each senior race, and for men and women.
- Senior Riders progressing to the E123 race will retain points in the lower race league, and start with zero points in the E123 league
- Ties for positions will be decided on a countback of highest positions, then the most recent highest position
- League prizes will be awarded at the end of the series, with prizes for men and women in each race.
This year prizes will be awarded at the last event, for the top 6 in each of the league tables.
Results and updates to the league tables will be done on the night of 24th August 2023, the last event, the top 6 will ba announced as soon as possible after the event.
Prize money will be paid by bank transfer, please email bank details to email@example.com
Please contact the organising team using: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about results, or an issue with payment.
When using transponders, issues with results are usually due to transponder chips being swapped between riders, or the transponder not fixed to your bike. PLEASE look after the race number and transponder issued to you as you are getting ready.
The CDPP crit series relies on volunteers to make it happen.
We need marshals every week around the circuit and are always looking for volunteers. If you or someone you know are able to help, please contact the organising team using email@example.com or speak with one of the officials on the night. Marshals are important for the safe and efficient running of the event.
The race officials are all un-paid volunteers, qualified as race officials with British Cycling. If you are interested in getting involved as an official, you are more than welcome to help to find out more about what’s involved. Please ask to speak with one of the officials at an event.
HQ and circuit access and parking
Please see the map showing directions (pdf) to The Steven Burke Hub from junctions 13 and 14 off the M65. Parking is restricted so please adhere to the following information.
Event HQ, sign on, refreshments and toilet facilities will be at the CSP club room off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ
- Race officials, volunteers and if space is available riders please park at car park C on the map, event HQ CSP club room, off Cravendale Ave. Nelson BB98SJ.
- In the event that car park C becomes full please use car park B via Barrowford Wilton Street access, BB9 8PU.
Please park responsibly and do not upset our neighbours by blocking drives around the local area